The Finance Department is responsible for the financial system, general accounting, payroll, accounts payable, budget preparation, debt administration, annual audits, business licenses, short-term vacation rental permits, and financial reporting. It provides coordination and direction of the financial operations of the City.This includes directing, monitoring, and controlling the establishment and maintenance of an effective financial accounting system, controlling the assets and financial operations of the City, and providing a framework for financial planning and analysis to support the operation and management of all City departments. The Finance Department is also responsible for processing and maintaining records of all financial transactions of the City. The primary goal is providing accurate, reliable, and timely financial information City Council, City Manager, City staff, and outside requests using professional standards.
- Submitted the City’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) to the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) by the deadline and received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for fiscal year ending June 30, 2014
- Submitted all of the following required annual filings to the State Controller’s Office by the deadline: Single Audit Report, Street Report, State Compensation Report and the Cities Financial Transactions Report
- Received an unqualified audit opinion for the independent auditors and no management letter comments
- Issue Business Licenses within 7 days of approval and provide timely renewal notices no later than 30 days before the current license expiration date
- Receive an unqualified audit opinion for the annual financial statement audit for the City with no audit findings
- Complete and file all State Controller’s Reports before the state required deadlines