Apply Now to Serve on the Public Engagement Commission
The City of Goleta is now accepting applications for the City’s first Public Engagement Commission. This Commission is charged with looking for opportunities and ways to increase public engagement in City government. More specifically, the Commission will make recommendations to the City Council on matters pertaining to:
- Whether the City should become a charter city;
- Whether councilmembers should be paid greater compensation, and, if so, how much;
- Whether regular City Council meeting should be scheduled after 5 p.m.;
- Whether the directly elected mayor’s term should be 4 years;
- How to increase resident participation in government;
- The district mapping process in determining district lines for future district elections; and
- Any other matters as directed by the City Council.
The Commission will have six regularly scheduled meetings per year and commissioners will be compensated at $50/meeting.
The Commission will be comprised of 7 members. These members must be residents of the City. They may not be employees or officers of the City of Goleta.
Apply today! Click here for more information and the application. Applications due by July 31.
Completed applications can be dropped off, mailed or emailed to:
City of Goleta
Attn: Deborah Lopez, City Clerk
130 Cremona Drive, Suite B
Goleta, CA 93117
Phone: (805) 961-7505